15- 20 hours/week
As soon as possible
- Comfortable using Linux and the command line interface. The candidate should be comfortable using the command line interface on a UNIX/Linux system, and have a basic understanding of how a Linux system is maintained. Specifically, an understanding of the Linux file-system hierarchy, and familiarity with a package manager is crucial.
- Comfortable with a version control system like Git.
Apart from the above qualifications, knowledge in one or more of the following is desirable:
- Familiarity with the Apache HTTP server.
- Basic knowledge of a scripting language like Perl or Python. Proficiency in other languages like C, C++, Perl, Python will be considered.
- Proficiency in other languages like C, C++.
Please note that candidates not meeting all of the above requirements will be considered if they can demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn on the job. In essence, a candidate who is motivated and self-driven will definitely be considered for the job.